Stop overpaying for your gas and electricity now!
Your MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number) or Supply Number (S-Number) is the unique reference code that identifies your electricity meter. The number allows your new electricity company to identify your meter easily and quickly.
Usually your MPAN can be found on your bill, often called your “supply number”, and it will look like this:
We only need the last 13 digits to identify your meter. So when asked to provide your MPAN only enter the bottom line.
I don’t have a bill!
Don’t worry, you can find your MPAN elsewhere. First, you can always call your supplier and ask them to give you your MPAN over the phone.
If you can’t do that, then there is another way too. The UK is split into 14 different regions and each region has a local distribution company. They keep a record of the MPANs for each household. To check who your local distributor is you can go here:
Once you’ve found that out, follow the guides below for each of the six local distributors.
- UK Power Networks: covers East of England, London, South East England – Click here and follow the instructions.
- SP Energy Networks: covers Southern Scotland, Merseyside & North Wales – Click here and follow the instructions.
- Western Power Distribution: covers West Midlands, East Midlands, South Wales, South West England – Click here, click “Who is my supplier” about half way down the page and follow the instructions.
- Northern Powergrid: covers North East England, Yorkshire – Click here and follow the instructions.
- Electricity North West: covers North West England – Click here, click “Who is my supplier” at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
- Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks: covers Northern Scotland and Southern England – Call 0345 026 2554 or email [email protected].
Also need your MPRN Gas Number? Click here to read our guide