What about my Winter Fuel Payment?

This scheme is not provided by energy suppliers and instead is managed by the Government.

If you are of pensionable age you could get between £100 and £300 to help you pay your heating bills. This is known as a ‘Winter Fuel Payment’.

You usually get a Winter Fuel Payment automatically if you are eligible and you get the State Pension or another social security benefit (not Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Child Benefit or Universal Credit).

If you’re eligible but do not get paid automatically, you will need to make a claim.

For further information please visit https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment